Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Activities!

This year I wanted to do fun holiday activities with my kids. So I decided to come up with a list of fun things to do everyday. If you have any other ideas do tell :)
Here is my List of 24 Christmas Activities:
-make/start an advent calendar
-make candy molds
-read books
-make pinecone ornaments
-go Christmas caroling then go home for yummy cookies and hot cocoa
-make Christmas cookies
-make homemade carmels
-have a Christmas party
-make Christmas cards
-make a Christmas gift for someone else
-make a paper chain
-make snowflakes to hang
-make a gingerbread house
-make a candy train
-wrap Christmas presents
-string popcorn
-drive around looking at Christmas lights
-Go see Santa Claus
-make carmel corn and watch a Christmas movie
-red/green night – only serve food in these colors for a night
-PJ night – everybody gets a new pair
-read the christmas story
-take a meal to a family who’s sick or needy
-go to a Christmas party (the ward Christmas party is Dec. 10th)
-write a letter to santa too!!!

**I got some of my ideas here: http://247moms.blogspot.com/2009/11/25-days-of-christmas-countdown-fun.html**

Also, this week is thanks giving so I found two little activities I"m hoping to do with the kiddos:
Pilgrim Cookies (I actually have all the stuff for these, so we'll probably make them Tuesday)

Some cute pine cone turkeys (i figure if I can't find any, then I'll buy a bag of them and use them again next month to make pine cone ornaments with the kiddos)

**I saw these on a blog the other day, but can't remember which one**

2 comments:

Amber said...

I just found your blog! What cute ideas:)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Cute! I will copy the turkey pinecone idea for preschool next year. You are so cute, I used to do stuff like you are doing when my kids are little. Enjoy it while you can before your taxi services are constantly needed when the kids are older. Look forward to seeing your posts on what you are doing. Good luck at this Christmas crafting thing you got coming up this weekend. Sorry I am unable to attend, I already have some projects of my own lined up heehee!