Last night before we put Brycen in bed I told him that we could go play at the swings this morning and take his pail and sand toys and play in the sand (it's a little kids area they have in the subdivision - just one street over). So when he woke up this morning that was the first thing he asked to do, which was good that he remembered because I didn't really feel like doing anything today! We ended up going and having lots of fun! My point for that story was that it made me feel like a good mom to take my kids up to play! So I figured I could be a good sister today and finally, after 6 months, finish my brothers blanket that i made him for Christmas last year (when he got it for Christmas we realized it wasn't big enough for him so he asked me if I could make it bigger - so i got it from him in February to finish). Then I figured why not be a good cousin and take bread to my cousin who just had a baby (which, I still need to finish the baby blanket I started making for her - but that's another day's project). And lastly, I figured I should be a good Aunt and make cookies for my nephews and niece (which Brycen loved this of course)! So I feel VERY productive today!
I added the two outer panels, they no longer sell the green fabric at JoAnn's anymore, but luckily I had enough squares left over from last year to do the corners! I took this from upstairs - so that would be why it looks so far away :) Hopefully it will be big enough now!

Yummy wheat bread! Super easy thanks to my parents bread machine!

Yummy m&m and chocolate chip cookies!

So thanks to Brycen getting me moving this morning I was able to get a lot done!!! I even told Brycen we could go back to the swings in the morning when we wake up since it was so much fun today! I'll have to remember the camera this time, since Cooper absolutely LOVED the swing! Now I should go be a good wife and get dinner ready :) Hope everybody has a wonderful day!
1 comment:
You are so amazing Cassie! I love the quilt you made! I love to quilt as well, but I haven't since my older three were little.
Post a Comment