Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hooray!

Okay, so I feel very productive today! Here's everything I was able to do:
-We had a birthday party for Brycen this morning - which was LOTS of fun! He loved it! There were 9 of his little friends from church that came. Totally chaotic with ten 2/3 year olds, plus some babies! But definitely worth it! Brycen had so much fun and got some really neat presents!
-Let Brycen play with a play dough kit thing that he got from Chalyn for his birthday, for about an hour! Which is pretty good because I had to sit there for the whole hour helping him because he couldn't do it by himself.
-Well, after the party I was pretty wiped so I sat down and watched an episode of Warehouse 13 (syfy tv series), love this show! Brycen got to watch a cartoon and play with toys while I did this. Brycen got some play food to go with his new kitchen that Robert and my dad made him for his birthday, both Cooper and Brycen had a blast playing with this stuff!
-Brycen, Cooper and I went through all of the toys in their room and pulled out a bunch of toys that they hardly play with to make room for some new toys - and so it would be organized again! Cooper of course had fun pulling everything out that I was trying to put away so it took a while :)
-We then had sandwiches for dinner :)
-I canned 9 pints of chicken and cut up a bunch of chicken to have for dinner tomorrow! Go me!
- Got both my kids in bed by 7:15! Woohoo! So now I get to enjoy reading for a little while (Roberts working late so I get some me time)! Then I better clean the loft, since you can't walk anywhere without stepping on a toy :)
The joys of motherhood! As soon as you clean up one area another area gets trashed, but it's so worth it if it keeps the kiddos happy!

I'll post pics from Brycen's party tomorrow! Have a fun night everyone!

3 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Wow, 7:15? You go girl! You definitely deserved that after the birthday party!

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for commenting on my post about family planning yesterday. It was a really sweet comment. So thanks!

Trina Barry said...

Wow, you are amazing! I would love to try canning chicken sometime. I've been a little intimidated to take any initiative-- it sounds hard!

Anderson had a great time at Brycen's birthday party. Thanks for inviting him, that was the 1st friend party he's ever gone to.

Cassie said...

Thanks for the sweet comment Serene!
Trina - Chicken is actually super easy to can! I've wanted to do it since last year but was totally intimidated about it too, so finally last week I asked a friend how to do it and found that it is WAY easy! So if you every want to learn let me know :) I'm so glad Anderson had fun! Brycen went to a party for the first time in July and loved it so we decided to throw him one :) Thanks so much for the car, he loves it!